This holiday season, give family and friends the gift of landmark TV, with some of Time Life’s best-selling DVD sets. These special selections offer something for everyone: hilarious comedy, from some of comedy’s best-loved legends, music featuring iconic Hall of Fame performers from rock and country, and more:
Get ready to experience greatness with THE ULTIMATE RICHARD PRYOR COLLECTION: UNCENSORED. Featuring all of Pryor’s most memorable stand-up and television performances together in one collection for the very first time, the 13-disc collector’s set ($99.95srp) contains more than 26 incredible hours of comedy. The groundbreaking stand-up, the mesmerizing TV appearances, the NBC show that was too hot for TV, and so much more. Capturing the full scope of Pryor’s groundbreaking, rule-bashing career, it’s available exclusively at TimeLife.com/Richard Pryor
Raw, sometimes shocking and always thrilling, Pryor pushed the envelope and was almost single-handedly responsible for the comedy evolution that continues to this day. A once-in-a-generation innovator, he won an Emmy®, five Grammys®, was the recipient of the very first Mark Twain Prize for American Humor (1998) and in 2017, Rolling Stone ranked him #1 on its list of the 50 best stand-up comics of all time.
* All four of Richard’s full-length concert films – Live & Smokin, Live in Concert, Live on the Sunset Strip, and Here and Now
* Richard’s 1977 NBC TV Special and all four controversial episodes of The Richard Pryor Show, featuring Robin Williams, Sandra Bernhard, Tim Reid, Marsha Warfield, and more!
* Richard’s most memorable TV appearances on The Merv Griffin Show, The Dick Cavett Show, and The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
* The feature film, Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling, written, produced, and directed by Pryor
* Never-before-released footage from Richard’s infamous first film, Uncle Tom’s Fairy Tales, lost since 1968
* Exclusive footage of Richard’s final performances and a tribute event at The Comedy Store
* Two acclaimed documentary films – Richard Pryor: Omit the Logic and I Am Richard Pryor
* Extras including deleted scenes, outtakes, and a no-holds-barred interview with Richard’s widow, Jennifer Lee Pryor
* A Collector’s Booklet with personal photos, diary entries, tour notes, and more!
You can call her The Queen of Country, an award-winning songwriter, actress, television star, philanthropist, business mogul, icon and American treasure — but to her millions of fans, she’s known simply as Dolly. From the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee to international super-stardom – Dolly Parton has spent the last 50 years singing and laughing her way into our hearts. And now, for the first time ever at retail, the greatest video highlights from Dolly’s iconic, unforgettable career are together in one singular 6-disc collection available at Walmart and other select retailers!
From her start out of Nashville in the ‘60s through her own spectacular variety shows in the ‘70s and ’80s and beyond, Dolly has done it all — and in 6 inch heels! DOLLY: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION ($49.99srp) includes some of the greatest star-studded episodes from her fan-favorite 80s variety show, a special Christmas disc, Dolly’s unforgettable 2009 “Live from London” concert, and more!
Across 6 DVDs, Dolly’s passionate fans will thrill to:
* 11 star-studded episodes of Dolly’s variety show from the ’80s with guest appearances by Oprah Winfrey, Kenny Rogers, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Willie Nelson, The Smothers Brothers, and more!
* A special Christmas disc featuring A Down Home Country Christmas with Mac Davis and Burl Ives, and Bob Hope’s Jolly Christmas Show
* Dolly’s unforgettable Live From London concert
* Plus the 2019 BBC documentary Dolly Parton: Here I Am
The ’70s was a special time for soul music, a decade filled with legendary artists like Al Green, Teddy Pendergrass, The O’Jays, Marvin Gaye, The Stylistics and so many more. And for home viewers, it was also a boon, as week after week, Burt Sugarman’s The Midnight Special – television’s very first live music show – made it a point to feature soul artists performing their biggest hits live and uncut in the prime of their careers. While “Soul Train” also featured these acts, only The Midnight Special gave viewers actual live performances instead of lip sync, treating them to virtual front row seats for performances by the most talented soul singers of the time.
Available for the first time at retail, the greatest performances from The Midnight Special featured in one spectacular 10-disc DVD collection: THE SOUL OF THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL. Fans of ‘70s soul will thrill to an unforgettable line-up of legendary soul artists performing their greatest hits uncut and unedited — just straight-from-the-heart singing with live musicians in front of a live audience. And now, Time Life delivers a singular set featuring a collection of more than 130 live, uncut performances from 1972-1980 – many not seen since their original broadcast!
All-time classic soul hits in The Soul of The Midnight Special include love songs like “Betcha by Golly, Wow” by the Stylistics and “You’re The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me” by Gladys Knight and The Pips and dance grooves like Sly & the Family Stone’s “Dance to the Music,” Ohio Players’ “Fire,” and Chic’s “Good Times.” Also included are chart toppers and fan favorites such as “Back Stabbers” by the O’Jays, “Tired of Being Alone” by Al Green, “Could It Be I’m Falling in Love” by Spinners, “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers, “The Love I Lost” by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, “I Want to Take You Higher” by Sly & the Family Stone, “Shining Star” by Earth, Wind & Fire, “I’ve Got Love on My Mind” by Natalie Cole, “Just to Be Close to You” by Commodores, “I’ve Got to Use My Imagination” by Gladys Knight & the Pips, “You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine” by Lou Rawls, “Special Lady” by Ray, Goodman & Brown, and “Something He Can Feel” by Aretha Franklin.
In addition, Time Life is including a bonus DVD featuring “The Midnight Special Presents Marvin Gaye In Concert From The Atlantic Stadium,” a rare, historic live concert performance filmed exclusively for The Midnight Special in 1974 and available for the very first time anywhere. Also included in this completist’s set are 18 Bonus Interviews with top soul stars including The O’Jays, Gladys Knight, Bobby Womack, Patti LaBelle, George Benson, James Brown, Lou Rawls, Teddy Pendergrass, Quincy Jones and more, along with a collectible 40-page book, jam-packed with archival photos and stories about the stars.
Some stars are beautiful, some stars are talented, a precious few are icons, and only one is … CHER. From the sequined ‘60s to the rocking ‘90s and beyond, no one has kept delighting us, surprising us, and entertaining us like Cher. And she’s not done yet!
Time Life brings fans a remarkable collection of highlights from Cher’s unique career with THE BEST OF CHER (5 Disc Set), available for the very first time at retail!
The inimitable multi-hyphenate superstar continues to shine brightly and this spectacular 5-disc set ($45.99srp), packed with unforgettable music, classic comedy and fabulous outfits, includes:
* 10 star-studded episodes of Cher with guest appearances by Charo, Ray Charles, Elton John, The Muppets, Linda Ronstadt, Raquel Welch, and more!
* Special Appearances on The Dick Cavett Show (1975) and Dinah! (1975)
* Bonus Interviews with Cher, Lily Tomlin, Bob Mackie and Producer George Schlatter